How It All Started
In order to gain a full understanding of how Catalyst Blockchain Platform was created, we must go back to 2014, the year our blockchain tribe was formed. We started out by building Proof of Concepts and MVPs for a variety of clients, mainly within the financial services industry. As our development teams began to work on more DLT projects (more than 25 have been delivered to date), we continuously ran into the same challenge: the set-up and management of blockchain networks being an extremely manual and time-consuming process. We constantly had to write a multitude of deployment scripts, peers went down without proper recovery, and we ran into technical limitations.
As a founding member of the Hyperledger initiative, we realised that we were in the perfect position to tackle this challenge. Years of integration experience and deep Hyperledger Fabric understanding would be our main differentiator along the way. Our engineers worked extremely hard over the past two years, conducting alpha and beta releases, eventually solving this challenge by creating a Kubernetes-based multi-cloud enterprise blockchain platform: Catalyst Blockchain Platform, or CAT-BP. CAT-BP is a platform-as-a-service solution that enables business cases underpinned by Distributed Ledger Technology to come to life by breaking down the barriers involved in creating and managing blockchain applications.
Catalyst Blockchain Platform
The cloud-agnostic platform-as-a-service enables you to create and manage networks, channels, and smart contracts through one easy interface. It provides flexible infrastructure, integration, quick set-up, and is the first Blockchain Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that incorporates off-the-shelf governance and business models. Catalyst Blockchain Platform is completely functional out-of-the-box, allowing you to get into production in days, and covers both business and technical requirements of projects in the PoC, MVP, or Production phase.
CAT-BP possesses a number of unique features, which we will cover one by one during upcoming posts. Some of these features include:
- Cloud-Agnostic Deployment — Catalyst Blockchain Platform supports any cloud service provider, hybrid or on-premises hosting, and deployment in multiple availability zones
- Truly Decentralised Governance — Catalyst Blockchain Platform includes a decentralised ordering service with Raft protocol and allows each organization to participate in ordering service and voting systems
- Reliability & Guaranteed Uptime — Regular updates, seamless migration between ledger versions, and disaster recovery of peers
- Unified Management & Operations Console — Gives users the ability to create a 10 organization network in 10 minutes as well as the capabilities needed to manage networks, organizations, consortium proposals, nodes, and more
- Support — Highly-qualified and well-equipped support and troubleshooting that exceeds industry standards
- Security — The platform’s Hardware Security Module (HSM) and integration with HashiCorp Vault enables the ability to control access to all security materials and digital identities
Currently, the Catalyst Blockchain Platform supports Hyperledger Fabric. Support for R3’s Corda and Digital Asset’s DAML (Digital Asset Modeling Language) is expected in Q3 2020. Other features that will be released soon include Certificate Authority (CA) management, CA storage, Certificate rotation, and regular backups and recovery.
Several financial institutions and telcos are currently being onboarded and using CAT-BP to set up their Fabric network and guarantee the upkeep of their application in production. Simultaneously, multiple companies are testing the platform to speed up the delivery of future DLT projects.
Our sales team will continue to onboard new partners and gather feedback to keep improving the platform according to market needs. If you want to know more about the platform or want to schedule a technical demo, please visit www.catalyst.intellecteu.com
IntellectEU is an international technology company focused on digital finance and emerging technologies. Since 2006 we have been focused on financial messaging and integration, being a SWIFT service partner. Building on our rich experience in financial services and technology, we founded our DLT and blockchain tribe in 2014. Always pioneering to serve our clients best, we became a founding member of the Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger project in 2016. Today, we are working with all leading blockchain providers (R3 Corda, DAML, Hyperledger, VMWare, IBM) in the banking, insurance, capital markets, and telco space. Apart from Blockchain and DLT, we’re also venturing into Artificial Intelligence by educating our clients and building products with them.
Catalyst Blockchain Platform would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of our amazing team. Thanks for all of your dedication in making this idea become a reality.